Visual Graph uses the same XML file for graph and library, you can freely draw graph and set its properties, functions and events. The finished graphs file can be used as graphic library instantly, through this feature, you can design a very complex graph and it has the compact structure.
2. A graphic file can contain many sheets (a sheet corresponds to a graphic element).
You can create many sheets in a graphic file, and when you use this file as graphic library, a sheet will correspond to a graphic element, whole system is so complete.
3. Sheet supports multi-layer and you can hide or lock layers.
When draw a big graph, maybe need to create a few layers, such as drawing the roads in a map, power facilities, pipes, shops or government departments in different layer. In fact, layer is page.
4. You can make various graphic elements by using several basic graphs.
All complex graphic elements are composed by a few simple basic graphs, less basic graphs let system architecture to be more flexible and reliable, if Visual Graph contains various special graph, it will be loose and difficult to learn.
5. The inner detail of the graphic element is editable.
Do I need a special editor to edit the graphic library? No, just use Visual Graph IDE, it can let you to edit any inner detail of the graphic element.
6. Allows you to insert/delete vertexes, draw curves/straight for a line.
Allows you to insert/delete vertexes on a line, each vertex has X, Y coordinates, also has a vertex property that used to describe the vertex painting. A polyline can be a curve through change vertex property, also can be two non-connected polylines.
7. Allows you to edit text in graph directly, and the text can be rotated freely.
Friendly text edit mode, even if the text unit was rotated, edit mode is still the same, even the input cursor will follow rotation.
8. Allows numerous Undo and Redo.
Can undo and redo most actions, not provide the times of undo and redo, but use the optimized scheduling policy based on memory status. Maybe you will not use most features of it, but Visual Graph will try to conserve the memory.
9. Provides you the simple and easy to learn Visual Graph programming language.
Visual Graph has a pure OO script language: simple structure and syntax, no variables declaring need (assign value directly). Simple and clean, but efficient.
10. Allows you to set background picture for every graph, and you can zoom picture/set transparent for it.
Every basic graph has the background Picture and Pattern properties, you can stretch/tile a graph or make it transparent by using these two properties. And the document has the background Picture and Pattern properties also.
11. Very suitable for developing WEB applications.
Has the very small but powerful distributable package, very suitable for developing WEB applications for Internet.
12. Can freely set size and zoom scale for document paper.
Infinite zoom, any great graph can be printed on one paper and the print effect is visually displayed on the screen. As long as the display printing paper, you can clearly see the position of paper, and can use the mouse to change its position and size. The smaller paper will print out the larger graphs, accordingly, the larger paper will print out the smaller and more graphs. No analog display need.
13. Printing effect is not related to printer.
The printing effect is only related paper and the relative position of graph, not related to printer. All pages use one paper mutually.
14. Supports grouping graphs.
Allows you to create many graphic groups so as to easily manage and program them. For instance: on a map, create a group for houses, a group for public facilities.
15. A variety of line connectors, very flexible, you can create topological relations among graphs, and freely add the connection points.
Visual Graph has straight line, Bezier, poly and cross connectors. You can set many connectors in a graphic element, access the number of connectors, the related graphs by connector and the position of connector by programming. You can also let two graphs to connect by programming and write graphic topological analysis program.
16. Many arrow styles and allows you to customize the arrow.
Visual Graph has a few built-in arrow styles to meet most requirements. If you need special arrow, just modify arrows library file (bin\arrows.tbl), in fact, arrows library is graphic file also, and can be edit in Visual Graph IDE.
17. Allows you to customize the line.
A Line as various styles, you can modify the style of each line.
18. Allows you to customize the pattern.
All the graphic fill patterns can be designed by yourself, and it provides you with transparent, transitional-fill and picture patterns to meet most requirements.
19. Support positioning graph by multiple types of grid, but the positioning based on connection relationship is priority.
You can position a graph by grid conveniently, the upper left corner of graph is aligned to grid by default, if there is a connection point in the graph, Visual Graph will put this point on grid first. This is for easier to draw graph.
20. For tables, use a different aligning method than other graphs.
Because the overlapping text will not be easy to identify, so Visual Graph use a different aligning method for tables, their
21. Allows you to freely rotate graph at any angle, rotation does not change graph's other logic.
Any graphic element can be freely rotated at any angle, after rotated, graph's logic will hold, your program will work normally. Such as histogram, pie chart, curve, event all graphs on a sheet can be freely rotated and work normally. Transitional fill, background picture, arrow and text cursor will rotate follow graph's rotation.
22. Allows you to customize the text labels of graphic element.
You can customize which element is label, and you can edit text on the label element, do not need to enter the inner of packaged element.
23. Allows you to customize graph's properties with multiple data types.
You can add the custom properties to a graph, so as to write some special data for this graph. The access method of the custom property is similar to the built-in property.
24. Graph's property is similar to the Property in the popular programming languages.
25. Allows you to customize functions (private or public).
26. Many graphic operating events, such as MouseClick, MouseMove, Zoom, Create, Destroy.
27. Infinite zoom, any scale, partial enlarging, full page zoom, fit in width.
28. Allows you to set which graphs will be printed.
29. Contains a very complete property control, you can use it to develop your own graphic software conveniently.
30. Supports load graphic file (.tbl) from Internet.
31. Supports load graphic file (.tbl) from the memory or database (please save .tbl to them first).
32. Supports moving graph to screen center, scroll display, manual scroll through use the related functions.
33. Supports drawing graph by Visual Graph script or your own programming language.
34. Allows you to customize the basic graphs that stored in bin\libray.tbl.
35. Allows you to lock/unlock the graphs, and you can operate the locked graphs by holding <Alt> key.
36. Allows you to set tooltip and its duration for every graph/sheet, you can also customize the tip window.
37. Allows you to add any number of connection points to a graphic element, and you can specify the point is active or passive to connect.
38. Allows you to add any number of control points to a graph to easily change its shape.
39. Supports developing a variety of instruments, knives, switches, signal lanterns, diagrams, histograms, pie charts.
40. Supports developing various buttons.
41. Support developing report: highly intelligent forms, moving lines, merging cells, inserting/deleting rows/columns, multiple table borders, and so on.
42. You can access any Visual Graph element by your own programming languages, and Visual Graph can also access the functions that wrote by your own programming languages.
43. Visual Graph supports calling external functions that stored in DLLs, such as Windows API.
44. Allows you to make Windows elements, such as dialog box, child window, popup window, menu, and so on. And you can conveniently modify them by editing the related library file (.tbl).
45. Supports elements linking and embedding.
46. Provides you with all the COM interfaces of graph.
47. Allows you to set the transparency for every graph.
48. Allows you to extend Visual Graph classes by using other programming languages.
49. Allows you to set shadow and its color, transparency, offset for every graph.
50. Allows you to drag a .tbl file to Visual Graph IDE.